We work closely with NHS specialist diabetes teams and experts in the field of scientific research and clinical diabetes care from across the country.
These events offer people with diabetes the opportunity to interact and learn more about their condition and how to manage it effectively, in a relaxed and informal environment.
We recognise the benefit that can come from sharing and discussing concerns and experiences with like-minded people and healthcare professionals outside of the surgery or clinic setting.
Our events are tailored to the needs of those with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and provide an invaluable service to -
- Those in need of advice, especially the newly diagnosed
- People who manage their diabetes very well, but like to refresh their knowledge every now and again
- Those having difficulty controlling their blood sugar levels
- People experiencing associated complications and needing support and guidance
- Carers, family & friends wanting to offer knowledgeable support
Attention is focused on the practical aspects of living with diabetes and the keys to healthy living. Every effort is made to cover the wide-ranging diabetes issues from -
- looking after feet & eyes
- dietary and exercise advice
- associated complications
- psychological impact
- research advances
We actively encourage audience participation in these events to ensure that all attendees have an opportunity to raise their questions; share their experiences and offer and receive support in a friendly, like-minded, authoritative community.
The Diabetes Wellness event programme provides a unique environment in which to learn about the successful management of diabetes and all it entails along with the opportunity to make new and supportive friends.
We would love you to join us!
Follow this link for more information about future Diabetes Wellness events