Life with diabetes can be challenging. Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation (DRWF) provides information and support within a like-minded community, so people don't have to face it on their own! The charity helps people to discover how to 'live life to the full' whilst managing diabetes.
DRWF fundraiser Mark Hoskins said: “DRWF really makes a difference My father has had type 1 diabetes for over 40 years and I am proud that he never let his illness get in his way and he has supported and been there through all I have achieved (and failed!). Medicine and a cure I am sure is on the horizon, this said, support for a family embarking on a journey with diabetes is vital hence DRWF being my chosen charity. The support and advice they offer is second to none and this, I feel from my experience, is worth more than just finding a cure. Helping someone live with diabetes is next to curing them, no one should miss out on a normal life when given the right advice and network of others who have gone through, or who are going through, the same experiences.”
Fundraiser Mark Hoskins completes 2015 Marathon des Sables - the toughest footrace on earth
Remember we don't receive any government funding and rely almost entirely on voluntary income.
If you would like to make a donation to support our work you can do so in a variety of ways.
- Cheque or credit card - payable to DRWF and sent to DRWF, The Roundhouse, Northney Marina, Hayling Island, Hants. PO11 0NH or call 023 9263 6136 to give over the phone.
- Direct debit - become a ’Partner for the Cure’ by setting up a regular monthly/quarterly/ annual donation direct from your bank account. Please call for further details on 023 9263 6136.
- Online - donate online via the DRWF payment gateway - by following the on-screen instructions you can make a secure one-off donation.
- Donate through Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) or Charity Choice Please visit the Charity Choice website for further details.
- However you choose to support our work, we are extremely grateful. Every penny really does count! Thank you.
Become a partner for the cure
We’d be delighted to welcome you to our elite group of supporters who make a regular monthly, quarterly or annual direct debit donation. By making this financial commitment to DRWF, you will help to ensure that we always have the steady flow of income required to continue our support of vital research and educational programmes.
DRWF receive no Government funding so it is important for the charity to recruit new regular givers to fund our research objectives.
For instance, if 556 supporters donated £3 per month to DRWF over the course of a year, this would cover the cost of just one of the DRWF Open Funding grants (£20,000) of which, six are allocated each year.
This secure programme works directly with your bank by way of a direct debit instruction – in just the same way as paying your utility bills. All transactions are electronic, debiting your bank account automatically to an agreed frequency and monthly payment date. It is hassle-free and you are totally in control.
If you would like to join us as a 'Partner for the Cure' or for further information please contact us on 023 92 636136 and speak to Jenny, who would be delighted to set up your monthly, quarterly or annual direct debit instruction.
This can be from as little as £3 per month. Your money will be spent wisely and every little really does help!
With the continued dedication of our supporters, we have been able to commit more than £10 million to support vital diabetes research in the UK and internationally.